Blog for Study in Sweden

5 awesome reasons to be a Study in Sweden Digital Ambassador

Now that the new study year is starting, Study in Sweden has finally begun recruiting new digital ambassadors again. Now some people will have a few things in mind when reading the recruitment post. What do I get as a digital ambassador? Is it a paid job? Any other benefits? Since I have done this job for a year, I can tell you this much: It’s an awesome job and you definitely should apply for it! Here are five reasons why:

1. Cool team members from other cities and universities in Sweden

by Simon Paulin

by Simon Paulin, imagebank.sweden.se

You will be in a team full of diversity. Different nationalities, different universities in Sweden, and different study programs as well. This way you get tons of new stories to hear. New stuff to learn. New people to work with. For me it is always good to know what it’s like to live in other cities in Sweden and compare with Stockholm. Or hear the experience of a student in Umeå, which is located in the northern part of Sweden.

2. Great support and workshops

You will also be led by two very creative people from Swedish Institute. They make every activities more interesting and full of laugh. From silly games to challenging group projects, it will be entertaining. They will also organize workshops for us digital ambassadors so we can always improve our skills in writing, photography, movie making, and more. These workshops are all given by the expert in their respective specialty.

3. Unforgettable gatherings

Enjoying nature. Photo by Simon Paulin

Enjoying nature. Photo by Simon Paulin, imagebank.sweden.se

I actually should put this as the first reason because it is so much fun. The digital ambassadors have a gathering each season as a teambuilding activity. This includes workshops and cultural activities you will love. Last winter we watched an ice hockey game and rented a sauna house in Luleå. In spring we went to Gotland and did an amazing horseback riding activity. Not to mention a crazy historical game in Visby.

4. Get paid doing things you like

Chances are, you are applying because you like writing or at least creating content. People say that a good job is if you get paid doing something you like. This is one of those. Plus it will not take much time and focus out of your study. In fact, you are recommended to create study or student related content.

5. Access to cool events

If there is an event that considered “good material” for the prospective student, you may get free access to it. Of course you will also need to write and report about the event so people can read and benefit from it. But still, we are talking about international level conferences.

These five reasons are what I can think of. Definitely there will be more reasons you will feel once you are in the team. So go ahead and write your application. See you at the gathering!

Satu avatar

• Mary • 2 Apr 2017 at 4.15 pm Reply

Hei Satu! Great post.
    Do you know when the application to be a digital ambassador will open again?

• Satu
      Satu • 3 Apr 2017 at 11.16 pm Reply

Hi Mary! Thanks for reading my post 🙂 The application should be open the first month after study begin, so around 27august to mid sept or something like that. You need to check out our site http://www.studyinsweden.se around that time. Good luck!

• Audrey A. • 15 Oct 2016 at 8.05 am Reply

Hello,

I am wondering if you will be taking any more applications in the upcoming months? I will be studying abroad in Sweden soon and would love to apply.

Thank you.

• Satu
      Satu • 15 Oct 2016 at 12.00 pm Reply

Hi Audrey,

Too bad the application closes like last month. Maybe next year?

/Satu

• Abdullah • 11 Sep 2016 at 3.26 pm Reply

Hello! I’m interested to apply for Studying in Sweden but more interested in scholarships and tuition-free classes/study. Anyone could provide me with useful and practical information and previous experiences. I can contact through mail or anyother way for more detail to provide. Thanks!

• Belén • 5 Sep 2016 at 7.33 pm Reply

Hey! Which are the requirements for applying to this? Thanks!!! 🙂

• tarek • 5 Sep 2016 at 4.42 pm Reply

hey,is there any chance to pay my tution fees by part-time job and can i get scholarship in any university.

• Satu
      Satu • 5 Sep 2016 at 5.13 pm Reply

Hi! Honestly I do not think it is possible to pay tuition fee by part-time job only. Yes you can. almost every university give scholarship in form of tuition free discount (25% to 100%), but they are limited.

• Dkim • 1 Sep 2016 at 8.07 pm Reply

Hej, I am a new master student in Umea. Is this opportunity coming next term? If I can’t apply for this semester can I apply for one next semester? I wonder how long do ambassadors work for it! Thanks 🙂

• Satu
      Satu • 1 Sep 2016 at 11.59 pm Reply

Hi Dkim! Why wait for next term if you can apply now? hehe go for it and apply before 6 september! But to answer your question, the recruitment is usually open in end of august and early september each year. And I think if you can only do 6 months, you can stated in your application and I think it is still fine.

• Anita
    Anita Mureithi • 31 Aug 2016 at 12.02 pm Reply

I am truly looking forward to applying for this. I’ve been following the blogs since I applied.

• Zhongling Ren • 29 Aug 2016 at 1.56 pm Reply

Hey! I have finished the document required for application but I still have some question regarding the email address. In the blog it says that I have to email to info(a)studyinsweden.se. What does that mean? I guess the email address is info(a)studyinsweden.se? Thank you for your help.

• Satu
      Satu • 29 Aug 2016 at 7.38 pm Reply

Hi Zhongling,

Correct, that’s the email address where you need to send your application to. Good luck! 🙂

/Satu

• Aus Guru • 26 Aug 2016 at 2.28 pm Reply

I really appreciate for this post. Thanks for sharing.

• Sample Essays live • 26 Aug 2016 at 8.07 am Reply

I really like your blog write-up which is obviously informative & fantastic…. Keep sharing more… Thanks a lot!!!

• linda Turner • 22 Aug 2016 at 5.34 pm Reply

Hi I would like to apply for the Ambassador blog I feel I have a unique opportunity to share has both my daughter and I are studying abroad together , yes two generations out looks for the price on one. look forward to speaking with you all bye for know x.

• Khadicha • 18 Aug 2016 at 10.50 pm Reply

I also want to try. I never worked in an international group, and now I want to try.

• Satu
      Satu • 19 Aug 2016 at 9.28 am Reply

Goodluck, buddy!

• Lera • 18 Aug 2016 at 5.10 pm Reply

Hi! How can I apply for this job? Seems amazing!

• Satu
      Satu • 18 Aug 2016 at 5.30 pm Reply

Hi Lera! Open our home page studyinsweden.se and find the link to the application post 🙂

• star • 17 Aug 2016 at 2.20 pm Reply

should i be worried about the safty ?how is it around compus?looking forward fou your reply.

• Satu
      Satu • 17 Aug 2016 at 2.30 pm Reply

Hi! Nope, I think its pretty safe here. around campus or housing area.