KTH Royal Institute of Technology- The right place to be!
Kth is the one of the best universities in the world. It’s among the top 10 universities in Europe and it is ranked number 1 in Sweden. Numbers and statistics are great tools to decide the credibility of a university. But however, in the past 3 months, I’ve fallen in love with KTH and here is why I think KTH is THE place to be in, especially if you want to be an engineer who not only wants to excel in your field but also want to contribute to the over-all local and global scenario by promoting and practicing sustainable development.
What is so unique about KTH?
- The courses: The courses that are offered at KTH are unique and wide ranging. Other that the basic generally offered courses, KTH also offers sustainable development courses in all fields. For instance, I completed my undergrad degree in Civil engineering and I wanted to become an engineer who not only constructs but also protects. So right now, I am in KTH doing my master’s degree in Environmental Engineering and Sustainable Infrastructure. Here is a link to the courses offered at KTH! Maybe you will find your calling here too 😀
- The work ethic: People in Sweden in general have a very organized work ethic. This is reflected even in its universities. The courses are very practical and as soon as you learn a new topic, you get to apply it in a real-time scenario and learn practically. You have the luxury of having professionals from your field not only giving you guest lectures but also telling you how to apply your knowledge when you start working. All the projects that we do are modeled to suit the real world.
- The people: The people at KTH! This has to be my favorite part so far. The professors are extremely approachable. We call them by their first names. We can send them emails about the smallest and silliest of doubts, and they get back immediately. They help with research and projects. They guide you in every area. Having such a supportive staff network encourages you to work harder.
- Opportunities: There are so many opportunities here at KTH. Exchange programs, scholarships, research facilities, sophisticated labs, Sweden’s best student job fair, whatever you need, it’s all available at KTH. All you need to do is look for them and pursue them.
- Sustainable way of life: KTH is located in Stockholm, the capital of Sweden. Sweden is the world’s leading sustainable country. KTH is an integral part of it. KTH contributes to sustainable development by providing educational programs, conducting research and by interacting with the surrounding community. Through its activities, KTH also impacts the environment in practical terms through the consumption of materials and water, energy and chemicals, travel and transport and construction, and indirectly through purchasing and procurement.
- Diversity: The student body is extremely diverse with students from all over the world. The student union in KTH called the THS (Tekniska Högskolans Studentkår) and it is a strong foundation that aims at making student life easier and they support you in every way possible. Also, having a global perspective helps you learn more efficiently.
Do you also want to Study in Sweden? You can join us by applying to the spring term!
See you soon, maybe? 😉
–For now, your Swe-desi Seafarer signing off 🙂