Studies in Sweden as an international student – what is there to know.

There’s a chance that as you read this, an email of acceptance lays in your inbox that offers congratulations on being admitted as an international student in a university in Sweden. The newest episode of podcast “Sweden And…” talks about what happens after the pink glasses of excitement fall and some serious planning and moving has to take place.

In a recent study by Study.eu, Sweden has been ranked fifth best country in Europe for international students. Scoring high in the overall quality of the studies, Sweden lost valuable points when it comes to cost of living and tuition fees for non-EU students. Nevertheless, the ranking fifth means that such traits as flat organizational systems, sustainability, equality, diversity and high value for creative processes are important focus areas not only for Swedes as a nation, but also – as education providers.

A whopping number of 1116 study programmes across the country lets anyone choose a university and lifestyle of preference. While campus universities offer a vibrant student life that ties with long traditions, the more city-based universities fit those attracted to the pace of the city and local communities.

Finding the perfect fit in the programme and university list might be daunting at first, but the major reality check kicks in later – how to be and what to do once the stress of getting admitted to studies is released with some positive news? With the help from international students, we uncover the successes and failures, the goods and the not-that-greats about the process of moving to Sweden, finding accommodation, friends and books in a library with no books.

Listen and subscribe to “Sweden And…” on iTunes or wherever you get your podcasts.

Special thanks to Elke, Andres and Francesco from Study In Sweden for the help in making the episode.

Edite avatar

• Rabia • 16 Jul 2017 at 12.44 am Reply

hi..
    i want to apply in sweden univresties….i hve done BBA hons
    i don’t know about how to apply and what i do….plz suggest it nd gave me any guide line about admission
    i continued my education without any waste of year in study

• batch • 10 Jul 2017 at 5.28 pm Reply

hi how are you?when is the next admission for marketing & management

• balkees • 13 Apr 2017 at 8.57 pm Reply

hi….I m from india.I want to study in sweden. My cousin lives in malmo (sweden ).I m graduate in geography as well as post graduate in geography. now kindly suggest me about the programme which is related to geography

• Edite
      Edite • 16 Apr 2017 at 2.02 pm Reply

Hi there! Cool that you’re thinking of studies in Sweden! The best way to find programmes related to your interest areas is to look at Study In Sweden website and then click on “programmes”. It will lead you to a page where you can see all study programmes in English in yout area of interest and degree level. Good luck!
      /Edite

• Ibrahim • 31 Mar 2017 at 7.22 pm Reply

I’m graduate in high school in Eritrea….at that time i need more education and i need to study in Sweden because of my brother lives in Sweden…..what can u help to me to study in Sweden..

• Edite
      Edite • 31 Mar 2017 at 9.28 pm Reply

Hi there! The best way to get more info, inspiration and all the necessary information about different study programmes and universities, is to go to https://studyinsweden.se/programmes/ and search for programmes you are interested in. All the necessary info about financing your studies and life in Swden is on the website as well. Good luck!
      /Edite

• Weena Lee • 31 Mar 2017 at 5.21 pm Reply

Cool! I’m happy to share my stories as well, who can I get contact with? Thanks!

• Edite
      Edite • 31 Mar 2017 at 9.26 pm Reply

Hi there! Every episode has a specific topic, but if you have an interesting story to tell or an angle at the life in Sweden that you would like other to know about, write me to edite.studyinsweden[at]gmail.com
      /Edite

• John • 31 Mar 2017 at 2.22 pm Reply

Hi,

Is there any chance that I can find a university is Sweden that accepts 5.5 ielts score as their language requirement ?

• Edite
      Edite • 31 Mar 2017 at 9.24 pm Reply

Hi there,
      Unfortunately, it’s a question that is very university-specific so I cannot give you better advice than trying to ask at the universities that have the programmes you’re interested in. And keep in mind that academic English is crucial for studies in Sweden as all your papers, lectures and books will be in English. Good luck with everything!
      /Edite

• Andrés
    Andrés • 30 Mar 2017 at 4.15 pm Reply

Great episode Edite, I’m happy to be part of it! 🙂

• Edite
      Edite • 30 Mar 2017 at 10.06 pm Reply

Double-thanks, Andrés!:) /Edite

• Souranu Maji • 2 Apr 2017 at 4.58 pm Reply

Hi Andres! Nice to meet you. There is something on which you may help me. I will be highly obliged if you would like to spend some of your precious to help me

• Andrés
        Andrés • 8 Apr 2017 at 3.25 pm Reply

Hey Souranu! Sure, you can find my contact information in my feed here in the blog.