Six Sweden Statistics that you should know
There are so many aspects in which Sweden tops the global charts! From safety to Sustainability- Here are some fun and interesting facts that you should know about Sweden!
1. Sweden is the 18th most peaceful country in the world!
It is very safe for immigrants and women as well! It is one of the safest and peaceful countries in the world. It feels amazing to live or visit here. There is very less cause to worry about safety.
2. 86% of the people in Sweden can speak English!
It is such a relief to move to a new country and be able to talk without a language barrier. Most official documents, and official sign boards are in Swedish, which is a little difficult, but however- MOST people speak can English! So, It is not hard to get by without knowing Swedish 😀
3. Stockholm- 2nd Best European City for Start ups.
The Start up culture is pretty throbbing in Sweden, especially in Stockholm! New ideas, innovations and businesses are blooming in Sweden!
4. The top 5 Ranked Swedish universities: Lund University, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Uppsala University, Chalmers University of Technology and Stockholm University are the top ranked universities as of 2017!
5. Top 5 student cities in Sweden: Stockholm, Gothenburg, Lund, Uppsala, and Umeå are the most student friendly and student populated cities in Sweden!
6. Ranked #1 as the most sustainable country in the world.
Sweden is the best place in the world to learn and practice sustainability in every field! This is one of the main reasons why I chose to study in Sweden! I study Environmental Engineering and Sustainable Infrastructure.It is really amazing to learn from the country that leads and spreads sustainability!
/Your Swe-desi Seafarer Signing off 🙂