Deciding on universities to apply – Sweden

Few days back the early application round for studying in Sweden has opened. And like always, thousands of interested students will be applying to pursue their dream of getting a degree from one of the most innovation-focused nation on earth. And today, I am here to share some advices on how to optimize your search for Swedish universities and how to locate the best ones that suit your domain and interests.

First thing first. You have to make an account on Universityadmission.se and fill up the required information with relevant data. Keep in mind to use an active email ID which you tend to check regularly because many important information would be communicated through that medium. On the same site, you will find a list of all the Swedish Universities with their contact details and website links. You can directly visit the university pages you wish to check or have pre-decided to apply for. But if not, no worries! You can take this information and then visit the Studyinsweden.se website.

But before we move on, let’s take a step back, gather few minutes and talk about your interest. We believe that you have an aim or a dream in pursuing education in a particular field, for instance Power Engineering, IT, Peace & Development, Law and many more. Based on that particular interest, you can then search for the universities that provide those degrees under the ‘Programmes’ bar in Studyinsweden.se website. Soon you will view a wide list of all the institutions which specialize in these fields, the duration of the courses and a direct link to the programme page.

I would suggest that you spend few days and look into all the results that came in as responses to your search. Visit the programme page and check if the modules in that degree suit you, your interest and complement your previous studies. Also look into the various other admission requirements like IELTS, transcripts, motivation letter etc. that may be needed. If you have any questions, there would always be a programme coordinator that you can contact at the university, whose contact details would also be provided there. In this way, try to shortlist 7-8 universities, partially to give yourself options and partially to not confuse yourself with too many.

Now you take press up the accelerator! With enough stress already being given on the academic degree selections, delve into some other factors like university rankings, the location and city they are in, accommodation, the weather, availability of necessary daily-life things within your vicinity and many other non-academic aspects. These will, I am confident, help you cut down from your initial choices to final 3-4 universities that you are really interested in getting into. However, remember that Universityadmission.se has a maximum limit of 4 universities that you can apply to at a session. Hence I would reiterate the same fact and advice to applying in 4 universities simply because they will maximize your chances of getting admission. There is a one-time, non-refundable application fees that you have to pay as well. But it is fixed, regardless of you applying to one university of 4. So it would also financially be viable if you apply for the maximum number.

All in all, that should be it. Invest some time and decide the best ones for you. I can assure you that it will be completely worth it. This is Redwan, wishing you the best of luck in applying, getting admission and finally flying to Sweden to chase your dreams! Lycka till!

————————————————————————————————-

Image collected from intenet

Redwan avatar

• rahul • 31 May 2016 at 8.42 pm Reply

I am pursuing btech in Electronics and Communications. I am planning to do my MS in sweden but my gpa is just 6.5 but my ielts is 7.5 will they accept my application ?

Redwan • 2 Jun 2016 at 2.16 pm Reply

Hello Rahul,

It all depends on the program and university you are applying to. Please check their respective websites and you will get what they need.

• zahid • 24 May 2016 at 10.09 am Reply

sir, I have done F.sc three year before and wants to get admission in Sweden university ,CAN I get admission in graduation without ielts please guide me

Redwan • 2 Jun 2016 at 2.16 pm Reply

Hello Zahid,

Its usually a requirement that IELTS have to be shown during admission process. However, you can check more information under the “programmes”.

• V. Mohit Kumar • 30 Apr 2016 at 5.42 pm Reply

Hi Redwan,
    I’m a student from India and I pursued Bachelor of Technology under the department of Mechanical Engineering. My CGPA is 8.85 and I would like to pursue higher studies in Swedon(specialization in Automobile Engineering ). I’m going to give IELTS exam within few days. Can you please suggest me the universities that I can apply for. Also, is it required to give GRE test for getting admitted into Universities (e.g Chalmers University). Please, do clarify my above queries.

Redwan • 1 May 2016 at 10.28 pm Reply

Hello Mohit,

The advise would be to obviously check the Chalmers website first. However, you can also check the “universities” page on this website and see which institutions provide the desired program you have. In that way you can make a list and conduct a short research to see of they meed your objectives.

Hope that helps.

• Ihsanullah • 15 Apr 2016 at 6.32 pm Reply

I m interested to study in sweden but I don’t have knowledge about the best university over there

Redwan • 15 Apr 2016 at 6.38 pm Reply

Hello Ihsanullah,

All the universities in Sweden are of high caliber and therefore, you can rest assured that you will be studying at a reputed university. Find more about it from this website under ‘universities’ to see which institutions fit you the best.

Hope that helps!

• Muhammad Zulafqar • 15 Mar 2016 at 11.53 am Reply

I want to get admission in master programme in any swedish university. I have done MBA(Finance). I don’t have IELTS certificate. Is there any chance for getting admission without IELTS. You prompt response would highly be appreciated.
    Regards

Redwan • 15 Mar 2016 at 12.15 pm Reply

Hello Muhammad,

It depends on the university you are applying to. If they specifically request IELTS results then you have to provide it. Else, you may prove your English competency through other means like previous studies in English etc.

• Janny • 7 Mar 2016 at 4.37 pm Reply

Hello I am janny from Pakistan I often heared from almost everyone that once you get admission in Swedish university you definitely get visa residence permit for studies . Brother just want to know how much this is true? I will be very thankful to you for that.

Redwan • 7 Mar 2016 at 7.15 pm Reply

Hello Janny,

Admission is surely a big criteria in obtaining residence permit. However, if you can ensure that all required documents are submitted correctly for visa processing, then it should not be a problem hopefully.

• Lokesh Batheppa • 4 Mar 2016 at 4.41 pm Reply

Hiiiii Redwan,,, hope u doing well…
    Am completed my masters in vlsi and embedded systems…
    Am looking for PhD in Sweden…
    Is IELTS score compulsory…
    Can u guide me regarding university admissions…

Redwan • 5 Mar 2016 at 11.00 am Reply

Hello Lokesh,

For PhD, you have to find vacancies first and then apply for it. Its a job here in Sweden and therefore, each of them have different requirements. Kindly check the vacancy page of the respective universities.

Hope that helps!

• awsaf chy • 2 Mar 2016 at 1.02 pm Reply

hlw
    I’m mbbs 5th year student from Bangladesh, want to do masters in Sweden. Do universities in Sweden accept MBBS degree from Bangladesh as a bachelor degree to get admitted in ms program?
    plz reply. thanx

Redwan • 2 Mar 2016 at 1.29 pm Reply

Hello Awsaf,

Regarding medical degrees, its very common that the language of instruction is is Swedish. So I suggest you to contact the respective universities you are interested in and see if any English programs are available. If yes, then you can just apply for them.

• zakariyya Muhammad • 2 Mar 2016 at 2.19 pm Reply

Your comment …
        but please which university offer
        geological courses especially
        petroleum geology in MSc as
        scholarship. like wise I am
        graduating December 2016 by God
        grace so which time they normally
        start the admission process so that
        I can get in touch.
        thks for ur time.

Redwan Hasan • 2 Mar 2016 at 2.39 pm Reply

Hello Zakariyya,

Pleas find the universities offering those courses in our database here under “programmes”.

• zakariyya muhammad • 29 Feb 2016 at 7.06 pm Reply

Your comment …hello bro,
    my questions to you are:
    1.which university in Sweden that gives PhD directly without going through masters for students that graduated with first class in their first degree in geology,as scholarship.
    2.scholarships that are available for geological science students(100%)in masters or PhD.
    please you can email me at mzakariyyamisau@yahoo.com
    my name is zakariyya Muhammad from Nigeria

Redwan • 1 Mar 2016 at 2.00 pm Reply

Hello Zakariyya,

1. For PhD, you have to consult the respective universities and see their requirements. From common knowledge, I dont think you can get into PhD without a Masters degree. However, you can always check and see if anything else is possible.

2. PhDs are paid job here in Sweden. So there has to bee a vacancy first for you to apply. Keep checking the job sites for the universities and apply when any position comes up that fits your domain.

Hope that helps!

• zakariyya Muhammad • 1 Mar 2016 at 4.28 pm Reply

Your comment …thks so much
        but please which university offer geological courses especially petroleum geology in MSc as scholarship. like wise I am graduating December 2016 by God grace so which time they normally start the admission process so that I can get in touch.
        thks for ur time.

• Ilyas shaik • 24 Feb 2016 at 11.56 pm Reply

Hello, my name is Ilyas, I am from India, I am planning for Ms in forestry and environmental science in sweden, I had scored 0verall 6.0 in Ielts , is the any chance to get admission on my low ielts score.. Plz reply me.

Redwan • 25 Feb 2016 at 10.23 am Reply

Hello Ilyas,

There are universities in Sweden that does accept IELTS 6. Thus I suggest looking for them and then applying.

• Joshua Rodrigues • 28 Jan 2016 at 12.21 pm Reply

Good Day,
    My name is Joshua Rodrigues , I am a EU citizen but live in South Africa – do I till qualify for the ‘no fee’ status. I am interested in studying a business degree however I do not have History or Geography as a subject, I take English, Afrikaans, Life Orientation, Accountancy, Bus Studies and Computer Applications. Will this be a problem? I was wonder how stiff the competition is for a space at the university.
    Thanks
    Joshua

Redwan • 28 Jan 2016 at 2.08 pm Reply

Hello Joshua,

I believe it highly depends on university to university. Kindly refer to their requirements for admissions. If you happen to meet them with your studies, it should not be a problem I believe.

• Penny • 26 Jan 2016 at 1.53 am Reply

Hi, I applied to 4 law master programmes at three different universities and i was wondering if i have to write separate motivation letters for each programme; because it isn’t made clear at admissionsse and i’ ve read somewhere that you must write only one motivation letter based mainly on your first choice. Is that right?
    Looking forward to your response.

Redwan • 26 Jan 2016 at 10.55 am Reply

Hello Penny,

Well it all depends on the requirement of the program. If all 4 of them requires motivation letter, then I suggest you write them all separate. If none requires it, then you don’t have to. That is because the decision of all 4 programs will be taken differently, so not sure if there is a guarantee that one motivation letter would fit all.

Hope that helps.

• Sharmeen • 10 Jan 2016 at 4.18 pm Reply

Hi, this is Sharmeen from Bangladesh. i want to do masters in Sweden with scholarship. Completed B.B.A from finance and accounting and didnt face ielts. Cgpa 3.12/4. would u kindly lemme know, is ielts mandatory to study masters in Sweden? and is there any possibility to get scholarship of students like me? if so, what process i should follow? if so not, what should i do to avail that?

Thanx in advance.

Redwan • 10 Jan 2016 at 7.24 pm Reply

Hello Sharmeen,

Please consult with University Admission regarding the IELTS issue. They are best poised to provide with that information.
      Also please check our scholarship tab in this website and have a look at ‘Swedish Institute Study Scholarship’. They are available to Bangladeshi students. All the requirements and eligibility criteria is also provided.

• Md.Arfin Imtiaz • 6 Jan 2016 at 5.25 am Reply

Hello Redwan..
    Greetings. I was aiming to join Autumn semester in Sweden. but due to my bad ielts score it couldn’t possible. My overall score is 6 (listening 5, reading + writing 6 and speaking 6.5).. I have completed my graduation in geography and environmental studies from Bangladesh. Now at this moment ,, is there any hope for me?.. Waiting for your reply.. regards
    Imtiaz

Redwan • 6 Jan 2016 at 10.21 am Reply

Hello Arfin,

I am not an admission expert but I can still suggest you to apply. You never know the results might be enough in some cases.

• Pratap • 4 Jan 2016 at 8.31 am Reply

I am dental hygienist . I have completed three years associate degree in dental hygiene . I have got 5.5 in ielts only in reading 4.5 . I want to study bachelor in dental hygiene in Sweden . Can I get admit . I am also working as dental hygiene for 4 years .and also cleared BED in health .

Redwan • 4 Jan 2016 at 11.19 am Reply

Hello Pratap,

Kindly note that majority of the medical/dental related studies in Sweden are conducted in Swedish. Therefore I can recommend you to check out the universities individually and inquire regarding any exceptions.

• Nihat • 3 Jan 2016 at 11.20 pm Reply

Hello.I want to study free bachelor in Sweden but i haven’t information how can i do it.Please help me.

Redwan • 4 Jan 2016 at 11.15 am Reply

Hello Nihat,

Bachelors study in Sweden are not free. Therefore, I suggest you look at scholarship opportunities available from individual universities to help fund your studies.

• Madan • 25 Dec 2015 at 12.12 pm Reply

Hello …
    I want to study in Sweden.but i don’t know about how to process.I complete my +2 from Nepal . and I want to study my bachelor’s in sweden. I score 58% out of 100% in +2 level… So please give ma best suggestion ..

Redwan • 28 Dec 2015 at 12.44 pm Reply

Hello Madan,

In case of credit transfer, it would be best if you speak directly to the university because each institutions has their own regulations.

• Tasvir singh • 23 Dec 2015 at 3.46 pm Reply

I am a Indian student.I have done btech (mechanical) in 2014 .Now I want to go in Sweden for post graduation. Can I apply without ielts in Sweden university

Redwan • 28 Dec 2015 at 12.43 pm Reply

Hello Tasvir,

It highly depends from university to university. Kindly check their specific requirements on this. However, its a common practice that everyone applies with IELTS.

• Prosenjit debnath • 18 Dec 2015 at 9.01 pm Reply

At first I want to thank you .
    I am a Bangladeshi students. I just have completed BBA( hons) in Finance & Banking with first class. CGPA-3.39( out of 4.00)
    course credit was-124.
    now I want to take higher education in Sweden. so please tell me…..
    A.IELTS OR GMAT COURSE NEEDED?
    B.COST????

Redwan • 19 Dec 2015 at 12.35 am Reply

Hello Prosenjit,

A. It depends from university to university. Please check their respective pages for requirements.
      B. That also varies. Kindly check the university pages respectively.

• Masud Rana • 9 Dec 2015 at 7.26 pm Reply

Hello Redwan Bhaiya
    I was completed BBA from a private university in Bangladesh in the year 2013. My Ielts score 5. I want to complete masters in Swedish university. What are the probability to find a visa? I’m waiting for your best suggestions.

Redwan • 10 Dec 2015 at 1.16 pm Reply

Hello Masud,

You can find information on visa requirements on the Migration Board Sweden website. Also, you can call up the Swedish Embassy in Dhaka and speak to them directly.

• M mujahid • 5 Dec 2015 at 9.11 am Reply

dear bro.
    I want to addmission in swden UNI so i had completed my BA in 2009 so I take 5 .5 band then I meet addmission UNI of swden.thanks.

Redwan • 10 Dec 2015 at 1.18 pm Reply

Hello Mujahid,

Please take a look at the ‘programmes’ section in this website. They will give you detailed information on the admission requirements.

• studentnext • 5 Dec 2015 at 8.23 am Reply

Hi Sir Good afternoon, I practiced more tests but I didn’t improve my score. Please help on that.Thank you.

• jui • 30 Nov 2015 at 11.01 pm Reply

Hello Redwan. Hope you are doing well. I would like to pursue my MSc in Nutrition and Food Science in Sweden but scholarship is very important for me. How can I manage scholarship as SI Scholarship is very competitive and my BSc and MS results are only 65%, although I stood third place with first class. I have more than 5 years job experience in research field and also 7 publication in international journal and secure 6.5 in each module in ielts. Would you give me some suggestions about different scholarships and SI. Please give me your valuable suggestions how to write better CV and motivation letter to send to universities for admission and should I send all documents through DHL or I can upload all documents except university’s (BSc & MS)transcript and certificates. I am applying for 4 university in sweden but different universities have different document requirements, what should I do?

I am eagerly waiting for your response.

Redwan • 10 Dec 2015 at 1.21 pm Reply

Hello Jui,

I am curious if you are the one that has emailed me recently. If so, then I believe I have already addressed your question. Kindly let me know.

• Alam • 29 Nov 2015 at 8.49 am Reply

Could u please enlighten me with the information of the universities having decent acceptance rate?

• Muhammad Raisul Islam • 24 Nov 2015 at 9.38 am Reply

Dear All,

This is Muhammad Raisul Islam. Completed BSCSE(3.82) and MSCSE(3.97) from United International University
    No thesis, No Publications
    During my MSCSE I received ERASMUS MUNDUS CLICK Project Scholarship(10 Months).

I have three(3) years of work experience in IT(Computer Network, IP Telephony, Security Surveillance).

Now I want to complete another graduation and If it is possible from Sweden, it will be good for me.
    I am looking for any fund option or scholarship, so I need your valuable suggestion.

Focus session September 2016/January 2017. What I need to have or what I need to do ?
    Interest Subjects/Area: Information Systems, Database engineering,Internet technology, Project Management (Suggest me few Universities)

NB: Right now I am not interest to have IELTS 🙁

Redwan • 24 Nov 2015 at 1.12 pm Reply

Hello Raisul,

Please find the programmes that are available in this website under ‘Programmes’. However, it is highly recommended that you complete IELTS as it is required for the majority of the application process.

• Siraj afridi • 21 Nov 2015 at 3.29 pm Reply

Aslamo Alikom Redwan brother
    I passed my 12th year education in 2013 and now I want to apply for Sweden for graduations. My Ielts overall 5
    Can I apply for graduation
    Please reply

Redwan • 22 Nov 2015 at 5.30 pm Reply

Walaikum salam Siraj,

Please read more under ‘programmes’ where you can find the degrees that interest you. They will also take you to the university’s page where you can read about the admission requirements.

• Sovuthy • 14 Nov 2015 at 9.27 am Reply

I have overall ielts 6.0. And i want to apply for master in Sweden. Will the university accept my application if they require 6.5 minimum? Thank in advance for advice.

Redwan • 14 Nov 2015 at 11.21 am Reply

Hello Sovuthy,

They might because the difference is not that high. However, it completely depends on the individual university.

• Sovuthy • 15 Nov 2015 at 6.40 am Reply

• dileep • 11 Nov 2015 at 12.45 am Reply

hello redwan,
    thank you for all the info provided by you in this page its very helpful for people like me. i want to know whether gre is required for swedish universities or not? if you can contact me through my email that would be really helpful. thank you.

Redwan • 11 Nov 2015 at 1.46 am Reply

Hello Dileep,

Good to know that the post benefited you. It highly depends on the programme and the university you are applying to. They will have specifically mentioned it under admission requirements. For me personally, IELTS sufficed. However, this may vary.

• Islam • 2 Nov 2015 at 4.49 am Reply

Dear Hasan bro

My IELTS band score is 6 .If university requirement is 6.5 in IELTS , is there any chance to get acceptance ??

How can I upload SOP for different programs for different universities separately??

Redwan • 2 Nov 2015 at 11.28 am Reply

Hello Islam,

Well in some cases, universities may accept because the difference is not too high. I would suggest you contact the university directly and clarify. About uploading and what documents are required, please check https://www.universityadmissions.se/intl/start.

• purno • 30 Oct 2015 at 7.31 am Reply

Hello via.. I m a student at eden mohila college in Hon’s2ndyr( Management), bro now I m doing ILTS..I want to admit in a Swedish university for bachelor ( BBA) vaia I went to a consultant center they told me if I get 5.5 in ILS in December they can give an offer later and I would able to go in March 2015.and they said that if I get a offer later & if i can convance them with my full confidene then ammbassy will not reject my application..& I can go swedan in march for April session.big bro plz tell me can I trust them …is it possible.. Thank u very much vaia

Redwan • 30 Oct 2015 at 9.31 am Reply

Hello Bushra,

It is my strong advise that you avoid any sort of Consultant Center for processing your application. You can do it all yourself online and its a very easy process. Secondly, there are no sessions in April 2016. Which shows that they are not aware of what they are saying. Thirdly, credit transfer at a Bachelors levels will be difficult because there are no scholarships and most of the programs are in Swedish language.

Thus, I would suggest you complete your Hon’s in Bangladesh and apply for a Masters degree in Sweden. At this level, there are many scholarships available that you can also apply to. That will make it way easier for you.

• Rahul • 11 Oct 2015 at 5.12 pm Reply

hello guys!! I am an Indian. I have a 7 overall in IELTS and also have a 304 in GRE. I have a 7 on 10 CGPA. I would like to apply for Mechanical Engineering or it’s related courses in Sweden. preferably Automobile Engineering or Production From Chalmers or Mechanical Engineering in Linkoping. will I get admitted here with my profile?? and can I apply to KTH with this profile??

Redwan • 12 Oct 2015 at 12.15 am Reply

Hello Rahul,

Good to know that you wish to pursue your studies in Sweden. You have a good profile and so you should definitely apply. Keep an eye on http://www.studyinsweden.se where the application dates will be announced. Further information will also be published regarding application soon.

• Salim Ahmed • 17 Sep 2015 at 10.50 am Reply

Hi Redwan vae,How r u? I am Salim Ahmed From bangladesh. i doing job in bkash (MFS) compliance officer.Vaia i want to admitted in sweden university,i completed master degree course in 2008 subject Accounting, now i want to admit for M.B.A course, i have no any IELTS.if has any normal university no required IELTS, my aim study beside i doing job there. do u help me how to process easily. regards
    Salim Ahmed

Redwan • 17 Sep 2015 at 12.49 pm Reply

Hello Salim,

In most of the cases, you would need IELTS. It is not that hard and you should be able to successfully get a good score in it.
      In regards to part time jobs, as mentioned in my blog post before, it is extremely difficult to find one and finance yourself solely on the basis of it. So it is highly encouraged to have other source of funds to finance your stay in Sweden.

• Hasan • 16 Sep 2015 at 8.50 am Reply

Vai ami sweden a m.phrm korte chay…but ami bujte parce na…ami gre na ielts konta korbo??r kvba ami schlrship pata pare??

Redwan • 16 Sep 2015 at 10.03 am Reply

Hello Hasan,

Usually the programs in Sweden request for IELTS. So you can take that. About scholarship, please visit http://www.studyinsweden.se and check the ‘scholarship tab’. Visit the Swedish Institute Study Scholarship there. The information on that page will be updated soon, so keep your eyes on it!

• Mominul Islam • 19 Aug 2015 at 9.44 am Reply

Your comment …Dear Redwan,
    I heard from one of my friend some university in Sweden don’t have IELTS score requirement for post graduation. Is it true news and how is the possibility to get 100% scholarship. thnx
    Regards, Momin

Redwan • 19 Aug 2015 at 10.31 am Reply

Hello Momin,

Usually, all applicants are required to prove their English proficiency through IELTS or previous education. I an not aware of any such universities that dont need IELTS. Kindly contact the respective institutions regarding that.
      You can apply for the Swedish Institute Study Scholarship, that provides 100% scholarship. Kindly check http://www.studyinsweden.se webpage for further information.

• Mohamad Merhi • 7 Aug 2015 at 6.41 pm Reply

Greetings Redwan,
    I am a non-Swedish (International) student, in my final year of high school (grade 12), and I want to pursue my undergraduate studies in Sweden.
    I want to study dentistry (become a dentist) so I was wondering if you could aid me by sending me some information about studying there and what universities have the program of dentistry in them, that teach in English or Swedish (but preferably in English) and what are their admission requirements are along with their respective websites
    Please and thank you
    I’ll be waiting for your reply but please reply as soon as possible
    Mohamad Merhi

Redwan • 9 Aug 2015 at 6.20 am Reply

Hello Mohamad,

Kindly note that majority of the degrees in Sweden at undergraduate level are taught in English. And the ones related to dentistry, medicals etc. are most likely always taught in Swedish.

You can go to http://www.studyinsweden.se and find the universities that offer dentistry. They also have the respective links with them. Once you have shortlisted them, check their requirements and see what language they are in. That should clear out all your questions.

Good luck.

• mou • 29 Jul 2015 at 2.10 pm Reply

hello redwan, I’m a student in food & nutrition..I want to complete my higher study in Sweden..please give me some information.

Redwan Hasan • 29 Jul 2015 at 4.46 pm Reply

Hello Kaniz,

Good to know that you wish to pursue your education in Sweden. If you have read this blog post, I have given detailed information on how to select universities and the degrees you wish to study. Once you have decided, check the respective university websites as they will provide with information on which documents have to be submitted. Once you have done it, check out the scholarships available at http://www.studyinsweden.se website, under the scholarship tab.

The application period is likely to open in mid-October.

Good luck.

• Asad zaman • 11 Jul 2015 at 1.21 am Reply

Sir send me that type of university than give admission without ielts or other test…

Redwan Hasan • 18 Jul 2015 at 3.45 pm Reply

Hello Asad,

IELTS is required in order to get admission at Swedish universities. It has to be proved that you have enough command of English to pursue an education here.

• sahil • 2 Jul 2015 at 7.16 pm Reply

Hi I have secured 63% in my graduation (Electronics and communication) and wanted to persue my masters from swedish university. please let me know what is the minimum marks required by the university for applying to some course.
    I have a GRE score of 321 and 3 years of experience with IT MNC.

Kindly provide your valuable feedback as it would be highly appreciated

Redwan Hasan • 3 Jul 2015 at 5.23 pm Reply

Hello Sahil,

Good to know you are wish to come to Sweden. Note that there are no cut-off marks for admission. They depend on the university and the course you are applying to. Kindly check their respective pages to get advanced insight.

Good luck.

• Hamid Naeem • 5 Jun 2015 at 7.23 am Reply

Hi Redwan,
    I have to move to vaxjo in August-15 and applied for accomodation as per university instructions but still awaiting for university response. would you please help me in this matter.

Regards,
    Hamid Naeem

Redwan Hasan • 5 Jun 2015 at 9.54 am Reply

Hello Hamid,

If you have applied according to university instructions, then all you have to do is just wait. They will send you a offer with the contract when it is ready. And all the information about accepting it would be sent too with that.

Good luck and see you soon in Växjö!

• sophia • 15 Jan 2015 at 5.38 am Reply

Thanks for the great article! You say “limit of 4 universities that you can apply to at a session” however, I need some URGENT help!!! i cant find ANYWHERE on the admissions website whether i can apply for 4 Masters per round? I need to apply for a dual degree that is only offered in the second application round in March. Does this mean i can only apply for 3 Masters in the January round to leave a place for the Dual degree in the March round??

Redwan Hasan • 15 Jan 2015 at 11.48 am Reply

Hey Sophia,

There are only two rounds I assume, Spring and Autumn. Looks like you are applying in the Spring round. In that case, please check the deadline for application for this round. If it is after March, then you can apply for the dual degree in March and submit the application.
      Or are you applying for the Autumn (starts September) session? If so, then you can only apply for the courses available within 15th January. Hope that helps. If you have further doubt, feel free to post the question in the Study in Sweden FB page or email University Admission.

• Giang • 9 Jan 2015 at 5.45 am Reply

I paid the application fee 900 SKE by my credit card. However my account still shows that I haven’t paid. Do you know why? Thank you.

Redwan Hasan • 11 Jan 2015 at 10.29 am Reply

Hello Giang,

It could be possible that the payment may take some time. If you are further unsure, please contact University Admission and they can assist you in that matter.

• sayma • 20 Dec 2014 at 5.05 pm Reply

hello,
    The article is really helpful.i just want to know about the application fees.
    i was filling up my informations on universityadmission.se when i found that i have to pay an application fee. is it for everyone or just for specific universities?hope you can help me in this regard. thanks in advance

Redwan Hasan • 20 Dec 2014 at 7.12 pm Reply

Hello Sayma,

Yes there is an application fee of 900 SEK, regardless of how many universities you apply to through University Admission (minimum 1 and maximum 4).

Redwan Hasan • 6 Nov 2014 at 2.07 pm Reply

Hello Zaman,

I have replied to your email. You can correspond with me there.

• zaman • 6 Nov 2014 at 11.26 am Reply

assalamulaikum redwan hasan vai ,,i am zaman from bangladesh , vai i need your help badly please help me ,, few days ago i send a mail to Linnaeus University for admission in undergraduate course ,,, they also mail with the information but i don’t catch what they are telling me,, so vai can you tell me for admission what is the requirements? and how much scholarship i will get? and should i give any exam for admission ? what is the fre for IT sector ? vai Waiting to hear Valuable response from you

• Sunny • 4 Nov 2014 at 6.03 am Reply

Hi Redwan Vi,

My information and credentials are as follows.
    Computer Science & Engineering(Jessore University of Science & Technology).
    CGPA 3.71(3rd).
    IELTS: not taken
    Work experience as web developer 15 month+.

I want to pursue my MSc. in database engineering/internet technology/data & information but the official website shows listings of MSc. in computer science. Now,i am in a fix which will be best for me. I have already seen university scholarships from below link and other links of swedish university.

Please advise me some information which will be good for me as funding is my first priority . My target universities are KTH Royal Institute of Technology,University of Gothenburg, Uppsala University etc.

Regards,
    Sunny Ahmed

Redwan Hasan • 4 Nov 2014 at 2.20 pm Reply

Hello Sunny,

I am sure you can find the likes of your interest if you research even deeper. As I am in Information Systems, I do remember coming across degrees that you are looking for. Just try harder, especially in the universities you wish to get in.

Also, keep in mind that for SI scholarships, there will be a separate list of subjects. In order to apply for it, you have to choose subjects from that list. It is quite comprehensive hence you will find a lot of degrees which suit your domain. This list will be uploaded on the SI scholarship website. In the meanwhile, you can focus and complete your IELTS as you would need that for application.

Redwan Hasan • 31 Oct 2014 at 3.52 pm Reply

Hey again!

Given this was the election year, the information for the scholarship will be out after the national budget gets approval. So it is extremely hard to say when the application will start. However, in the preview few years, the application started early February and stayed open for a week. And the results are published sometime in April.
    But do keep in mind that you have to apply for your admission now (the application has already opened) and the result of your admission will be out last week of March. The students who get admission in that round are the only ones who gets considered for scholarship, which is due to be out with the next 2-3 weeks as mentioned earlier. Remember that, if you have a late application or if you are in reserve list for admission, you dont get considered for scholarship. Hence, getting admission is extremely important. And I suggest, until scholarship information is out, focus on your university application.

Lykca till och göra väl! (Good luck and do well!)

• Mushfiqur Rahman • 31 Oct 2014 at 11.49 am Reply

Hello again Redwan,
    Thanks a lot for clarifying these things. 🙂
    Another thing I wanna know is that, when does the application process of “Swedish Institute Scholarship” starts and ends usually? And what are the general steps? I know, that it’s yet to be published for 2015, but wanna have an idea of how the process generally is considering how it has been in the past. A detailed information regarding this matter will really help me through the application process for the scholarship.
    And yeah, rest assured I’m not the captain “Mushfiqur Rahim” 😛

Thanks Again
    Regards, Mushfiqur Rahman

Redwan Hasan • 30 Oct 2014 at 9.02 pm Reply

Hello Mushfiqur!
    Hope you are not our National team captain! Haha.. 😉
    Anyways, here is my reply according to your points, as you requested :-
    * Swedish higher education system rarely uses the CGPA system. Grades are used here most commonly – ‘Pass with distinction’ (A-B), ‘Pass’ (C-E) and ‘Fail’ (F/U). In order to retain the SI scholarship, you need to pass your courses and attain certain credit points. Its not that hard and if you do well in your first semester, you should be well on your way on retaining it for the second year too!
    * Thats a tricky question to be honest. If those mentioned grades are yours, then you certainly have a strong academic profile. However, the selection process for scholarship does not consider your academic grades because those are assessed during the admission process (Students who get admission on the first round are the ONLY ones considered for scholarship). Hence if you get admission to any university, you are considered as academically qualified for the scholarship too. There are no preferences for any certain type degree as well.
    The scholarship assessment is done on the motivation letter (the format and questions will be uploaded on the SI website) which you write and the CV you attach with it. Once you have them with you, full instructions will be provided as to what the Swedish Institute is looking for within a potential candidate. Furthermore, if you visit the SI scholarship webpage even now, they have provided some vivid idea on what type of students they are looking for. Motivate your answers accordingly and be honest.
    I wish you best of luck with your application and feel free to ask if you need any more information!

• Mushfiqur Rahman • 30 Oct 2014 at 6.59 pm Reply

Hello Redwan,
    This is actually very settling to know that a fellow Bangladeshi brother with the same field of interest (IT) went on to study in Sweden with the Swedish Institute Scholarship, which also is my target.
    There are actually many things I want to get clarified about. Things like the “Swedish Institute scholarship”. It states that, “The scholarship is only awarded for programmes starting in the autumn semester (August/September) and is granted for one academic year, i.e. for two semesters at a time. It will be extended for programmes longer than two semesters provided that the student’s study results are satisfactory.”
    Okay here, how “satisfactory” are we talking about? At least can you enlighten me CGPA wise or anything for that matter?
    Another thing about the Scholarship is that, I’m not too sure how the selection procedure works. I mean, in which sector of a candidate do the selection committee Emphasize most. Is it the academic result or something else? For example, how are the chances of a Bangladeshi student applying for a Swedish Institute Scholarship with the field of interest in IT/CS holding a Bachelor Degree CGPA of 3.75 out of 4?
    Sorry for asking too many questions, but it’s really important that I know what I’m dealing with here before I jump in unprepared, you know? So, It would be of real help if you just can patiently answer these queries that I have point by point about studying in Sweden and about that Scholarship that I mentioned.

Regards, Mushfiqur

Redwan Hasan • 27 Oct 2014 at 10.11 pm Reply

Hello Kausar!

For business programs, just search the Studyinsweden.se website and under the tab ‘programme’, you can look for your universities that provide the degree you want to study in.
    Jonköping is a very good school, especially for its business courses at Jonköping International Business School. Unfortunately, I dont have further information on it as I dont study there. But you can always contact their program coordinator regarding any question you have.
    Good luck in your search!
    You are free to contact me at m.redwanhasan@hotmail.com

• kauser • 27 Oct 2014 at 9.28 pm Reply

Hi
    I want to contract with you. please can you infrom me at email,
    jonkoping university visited last week in Dhaka,they offered six universites student’s can go without IELTS,
    I want to how is this university for Bangladeshi student,
    please inform me

• kauser • 27 Oct 2014 at 9.22 pm Reply

Hi
    it’s really helpful for specially me. I want to study in Sweden. which university you recommend for busines subjects of master’s program

• Shah Miran Patwary • 26 Oct 2014 at 10.22 am Reply

Hi Redwan,

Good Morning.
    Its really helpful to read your blog through the important advise about application purpose.

I am Jibon and are interested to study in Sweden and my choice is for Textile and Garments technology . Can you advise which university can be perfect for my click in Masters program?

I would also like to know from you about the Scholarship links that i can apply for.
    Can you also highlight on that point please. As i am a Textile Engineer and worked about 5 years around this field.

Waiting to hear Valuable response from you.

Thanks and Regards
    Shah Miran patwary

Redwan Hasan • 26 Oct 2014 at 1.08 pm Reply

Hello Jibon! Good to know that you are interested in applying to Sweden.

Definitely Sweden has some amazing universities providing Masters in your field. Please check the Study in Sweden website where you can check for the list of universities for your field under the ‘programme’ tab above.
      In the same website, you can check for scholarship as well. Just look for Swedish Institute Study Scholarship and you will find extensive information on how to apply.
      Good luck with the hunt!