11 Things Swedes Do According to Me

Swedes are an interesting species to analyze, so I decided to make a participant observation and then I took some time to make this infographic (the first one that I make in my life) about things Swedes do, if you guys noticed something else during your time in Sweden let me know in the comments.

Here it is:

Hope you guys liked it, I will keep my participant observation and of course I will let you know about my findings!

#AndresInGöteborg

Andrés avatar

• Bowen • 20 Feb 2017 at 7.41 pm Reply

Awesome illustrations Andrés!!!

• Andrés
      Andrés • 22 Feb 2017 at 2.19 pm Reply

Thanks Bowen!

• Chittatosh Pal • 9 Feb 2017 at 1.35 pm Reply

Hey,
    I am from India. I have completed my master degree in Physics. Now I am willing to do my PhD in sweden. Please help me out.
    Your post is just awesome…

• Andrés
      Andrés • 18 Feb 2017 at 1.15 am Reply

Hey! You can go into the PhD section of our website, under “Plan your studies > Degree programs” you will find information in more detail there. Let me know if it worked.

• carlos • 25 Jan 2017 at 10.34 am Reply

Jajaja good one. You lack to Say that they always Say “I don’t speak very well spanish” But they do jajaja

• Andrés • 26 Jan 2017 at 12.27 pm Reply

Thanks! True, I’ve meet a few Swedes that know how to speake Spanish! 🙂

• Natalie • 25 Jan 2017 at 4.58 am Reply

#10 is hilarious omg 😀

• Andrés • 26 Jan 2017 at 12.29 pm Reply

😀

• Ricardo • 24 Jan 2017 at 10.07 pm Reply

Loved your infographic! Amazing job! Why did you study engineering?! Even though I haven’t traveled to Sweden yet, everything makes a lot sense because it fits perfectly into a ‘stereotyped’ concept of Scandinavian culture. Wish you the best, Andres!

• Andrés • 24 Jan 2017 at 10.30 pm Reply

Thank you very much! I get that comment a lot, I try to teach myself about design theory and how to use the software, sometimes it works sometomes it doesn’t. Somehow fits the stereotype indeed, yet everyone is a unique individual! 🙂

• Ruta • 24 Jan 2017 at 12.57 pm Reply

At least 5 things out of 10, I do by myself, and I’m Lithuanian. I guess, this is just another confirmation (recently were a lot of signs, ha ha) that my choice apply to master’s studies for autumn 2017, is right 🙂 Thanks, Andres!

• Andrés • 24 Jan 2017 at 9.28 pm Reply

Even I can relate to some of the things in my list, definitely you made the right choice, good luck on your application! 🙂

• Francesco
    Francesco • 24 Jan 2017 at 1.21 am Reply

Andres, if this is your firts infographic, I don’t dare imagine how amazing will be the following ones! Super cool!

• Andrés • 24 Jan 2017 at 9.26 pm Reply

Thanks Francesco, I can show you how I did it next time we meet (:

• Robert Villalobos • 24 Jan 2017 at 12.31 am Reply

Hello Andres, could you please explain numer 10? I didn´t quite understand it.

• Andrés • 24 Jan 2017 at 12.56 am Reply

Swedes are very reserved, and sometimes even shy or not as social compared to people from another countries, although everyone is a unique individual. That’s what I meant, of course I’m generalising, I have Swedish friends that are the complete opposite.

• Robert Villalobos • 4 Feb 2017 at 12.25 am Reply

• ADEBOYE ENIOLA SAMSON • 23 Jan 2017 at 11.39 pm Reply

Please if you can help me on this I will b forever grateful to you am ENIOLA from Nigeria I want to school in Sweden INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS but in don’t know how to do about it PLS help me I beg you in the name of God I have my passport ready am the only son and my parents are pour PLS am ready to study in Sweden this year God is capable of doing everything thank you hope to hear from YOU

• Andrés • 24 Jan 2017 at 9.51 pm Reply

Hey Eniola! So nice to hear that you are interested in Sweden; unfortunately applications are closed for autumn 2017, some programs allow late applications but they “are not advised” for the students outside EU. Even though you can take a look in http://www.universityadmissions.se. I dont remember all the information regarding late applications, but might as well check and see if it’s still possible. I would encourage you to prepare your application for the next period, you can start looking into the programs and universities in more detail. Feel free to contact me in my email address andres.studyinsweden@gmail.com if you have any questions. 🙂

• EvA • 23 Jan 2017 at 11.08 pm Reply

To live in Sweden is great , but it takes time to get personal number 😀 but what i can do, its soon ! 😍 and i make fika everyday 😀

• Andrés • 24 Jan 2017 at 9.44 pm Reply

I agree completely, Sweden is a great place to live in! It takes some time, for me I think it was like 2-3 weeks, be patience it’ll come in your mail sooner or later. Fika everyday all day! 🙂

• Rachel • 23 Jan 2017 at 8.42 pm Reply

This is great! I recently took a course on Intercultural Communication and we looked a lot at Swedish culture, many of the above came up in conversation. Observations are definitely the best way to see these IRL!

Do you have any tips for making the info graphic; it’s so eye-catching and I’d love to know how you did it 🙂

• Andrés • 23 Jan 2017 at 10.14 pm Reply

Thank you so much! Swedish culture is very interesting, I’m glad that my observations are on the right track. This is my first infographic, I’ve always been interested in graphic design (weird for a engineer), for this one I used piktochart, a very easy tool to create graphic content, but I prefer Illustrator myself. (:

• Andreea • 23 Jan 2017 at 7.22 pm Reply

So true! I studied in Sweden and I recognized everything you said here!!! Well done!

• Andrés • 23 Jan 2017 at 10.08 pm Reply